The DfL team gathered on Friday to mark the retirement of long-standing Director and shareholder Ian Pears. Ian joined DfL in February 2005 as a Director alongside Alistair Scott and John Heath (who retired in 2012).
At a dinner marking his retirement, attended by all DfL staff and their partners, Ian said “I am proud of the team that we’ve developed at DfL and I leave the company in safe hands”.
The company is now managed by the three remaining directors. These are Alistair, Andrew Longman (Technical Director) and Richard Jackson (Business Development Director).
The philosophy remains to develop staff and keep the company privately owned by employees. The Directors own 95% of the company between them, with additional staff accounting for the remaining 5%.
Managing Director Alistair commented “We will miss the experience of Ian both as a skilled Lighting Engineer and Director. Fortunately, our succession planning over a number of years means that we have a strong management team with the right staff in the right place and are best placed to maintain our growth and success”.